Pro Vice Chancellor, Student Experience
Professor Selma Alliex
Professor Selma Alliex was formerly the Dean of the School of Nursing on the Fremantle and Broome campuses and taught in the undergraduate and postgraduate program in the School as well as supervised higher degree students. Professor Alliex undertook her Masters in nursing qualification in India and completed her PhD at Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia.
Her area of expertise is nursing education and qualitative research. She has worked in all areas of nursing and has current nursing experience as a Community Health Nurse.
As part of her administrative role, Professor Alliex in association with other academics is trialling many innovations in nursing education. Prior to teaching at the University, Professor Alliex was the Nursing Adviser for Professional Standards at the Nurses Board of Western Australia. She has nursing education experience in Australia and overseas.
- Member of the Nurses and Midwives Board of WA
- Member of the Governing Council, Challenger TAFE
- Member of Advisory Board, Our Lady of Good Counsel
- Member of the Steering Committee on Clinical Education for the Future
- Member of the Steering Committee, International Congress on Innovations in Nursing
- Member of the Steering Committee, Global Health Alliance of WA
- Member of the Network Advisory Panel, Nurses Board of WA
- Member of the Royal College of Nursing Australia