Senior Lecturer and Program Coordinator – First Year Experience
Annette Watkins has 20 years experience in the Oil and Gas sector. She has worked on several large reform projects in Australia, the United Kingdom, Asia and the United States of America. These reforms led by Annette include the South Australian and Western Australian gas deregulation reform project which included the establishment of the Gas Industry Ombudsman. She has held several Non Executive Director Board positions in the sector. Throughout her career, Annette had a great interest in business communication and wellbeing, which has led her to her academic career.
Research expertise and supervision
Wellness and wellbeing in business
- Watkins, A. 2013. Exam Preparation - Ch 8. in Carroll, D. 2013. Skills For Academic and Career Success, Pearson Education Australia
- J Dywer 2015 Communication for Business and the Professions Strategies and Skills
Journal articles and proceedings
- von Konsky, B.., A. Watkins and T Broadley. 2012 A Preliminary Investigation into Technology and Processes Facilitating the Assurance of Learning. ASCILITE Conference. Wellington, New Zealand
- von Konsky, B., A. Watkins and T. Broadley. 2012 Developing a moderation communication of practice. ASCILITE Conference. Wellington, New Zealand
- Watkins, A 2012 Education and the Changing Form of Corporate Citizenship for Business Scholars: An Example of Preparing First Year Business Students through Authenticity. Learners Conference. United Kingdom
- Watkins, A 2017 Wellness and First Year Students - 15th Asia Pacific Association of Business Communication, Hong Kong
- Watkins, A 2012. Teaching students the language of business through a content based focus – subject before language framed in ethics. 11th Asia-Pacific Conference of the Association for Business Communication. Seoul, South Korea.
- Watkins, A., S. Ferns and S. Porter 2012. Embedding communication skills for lifelong learning: Working with staff and students. 15th International First year in Higher Education Conference. Brisbane, Queensland.
- Watkins, A. 2012 Developing business communication skills through a c content based and system thinking focus – a sustainable approach to develop quality business communication skills in scholars through engage. Association of Business Communication Conference. Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Watkins, A. 2011 Managing super sized tutoring teams. 14th International First Year in Higher Education Conference. Fremantle, Western Australia.
Asia Pacific Association of Business Communication
International Association of Business Communication
Australian Institution of Company Directors
Australian Institute of Management
Echo 360 Blended Learning Grant
Reviewer of Association of Business Communication