Phone: 9433 0112
Sharon Law-Davis is a Senior Lecturer within the School of Education, Fremantle. Sharon is the co-ordinator of the Principles of Primary Religious Education for Primary and Early Childhood and Care programs. Sharon’s experience in Catholic Education in Western Australia spans 34 years where she held positions in teaching in primary and early childhood years and administration and leadership.
Sharon holds a Master of Education in Religious Education from the University of Notre Dame and lectures in the Religious Education field. She has lead research into teaching Scripture in Religious Education, in particular the use of the strategy Godly Play. This strategy and subsequent research has impacted on the Religious Education courses at UNDA where students are trained in the strategy and have expressed confidence in sharing scripture stories with students.
Currently Sharon is researching the effectiveness of the Religious Education courses for preparing graduate teachers to teach Religious Education in Catholic primary schools. Sharon is also using Professional Learning Communities to support students in the Religious Education courses. She will present a paper on Professional Learning Communities at a national conference in 2019.
Sharon’s passion is creativity in the classroom and how to engage students in learning through creativity. She lectures in Visual Arts in the ECEC degree. Sharon also paints using oils on canvas as one of her interests.
- Religious Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Religious education courses for undergraduate teachers
- Teaching Scripture in Religious Education
- Professional Learning Communities
- Law-Davis, S., Robinson, C., Fic, J. & Mola, R. (2019). Godly Play: Pre-service teachers’ perspectives on teaching scripture in primary Religious Education. E-Journal of Catholic Education in Australasia. https://researchonline.nd.edu.au/ecea/vol3/iss1/11
Law-Davis, S. Professional Learning Communities in Religious Education Pre-Service Course
Principals’ Forum, UNDA