Welcome to the School of Medicine, Fremantle MEDI6100 information page. The purpose of this web page is to enable students commencing MEDI6100 in January 2019 to access all the information they require prior to their commencement.
ENROLMENT - Date: Monday 3 December 2018
Enrolment can be done on campus or remotely. Please follow instructions on 2019 new Student Enrolment booklet.
Enrolment session on campus - School of Medicine staff will be present at this session.
Date: Monday 3 December 2018
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
Location: ND4/203 – School of Education Building ( Campus map )
COMMENCEMENT – Date: Monday 21 January 2019
Attendance at all orientation sessions is compulsory.
Date: Monday 21 January 2019
Location: Bateman Courtyard ( Campus map )
ORIENTATION WEEK TIMETABLE (subject to change)
Please use checklist and guidelines below to complete required documents
Paper applications for Working With Children cards should be completed during enrolment session on 3 December 2018.
A. Documents to complete by Monday 3 December 2018
B. Forms to read:
The following forms will be completed online at a special session during Orientation Week. They are provided here to allow you time to read them before Orientation Week. At this stage they are for your information only:
- Student health information form
- Confidentiality Policy for students
- Employment and Placement Policy
- Permission to release personal information to education providers
- Permission to release information to external organisations
- Students access on campus & resources
The following form will be completed during Orientation Week. It is provided here to allow you time to read it before Orientation Week. At this stage it is for your information only:
C. Documents for your information:
- 2019 Academic Calendar
- MEDI6100 Generic Timetables
- Problem Based Learning Manual
- AHPRA Student registration fact sheet and FAQ
- Good Medical Practice
D. Recommended reading to students with a non-science degree
If you are from a non-science background you will benefit from preparation in scientific concepts and language
- Saladin, K.S. (2017). Anatomy & Physiology: The Unity of Form and Function. 8th edn. McGraw Hill Education, New York.
- Marieb, E.N. & Hoehn, K. (2016). Human Anatomy & Physiology. 10th edn. Pearson Education, Essex.
- Tortora, G.J. & Derrickson, B.H (2016). Principles of Anatomy & Physiology. 15th edn. John Wiley and Sons, Danvers.
- VanPutte, C., Regan, J., & Russo, A. (2017). Selley’s Anatomy & Physiology. 11th edn. McGraw Hill Education, New York.
We recommend that students, without a background in biological sciences or who may need to refresh basic biological concepts, read the first two chapters of any of these texts (including prior editions) prior to the start of semester.
MEDI6100 students please ensure you read the following tabs on the School Resources page
- Immunisation requirements
- School Policies
- Student organisations and associations
Student Support information is available at Student Support.