Dr. Daniel Talbot
Lecturer, Applied Psychology
Ph.D / M.Clin.Psych
Phone: 02 8204 4400
Daniel Talbot is a researcher, psychologist, and lectures in Applied Psychology in the School of Arts and Sciences at The University of Notre Dame Australia (Sydney campus). He has a First Class Honours degree in Psychology, a Master of Clinical Psychology, and PhD in Clinical Psychology from Western Sydney University.
- Applied Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Modes of Psychological Intervention
Research Interests and Current Projects
- Male and female body image
- Eating disorders
- Visual Perception
Body image and eating disorders
Of particular interest:
- testing and evaluating male body image and eating disorders
- attentional bias toward body and food-related stimuli
- treatment avenues for eating disorders and obesity
- interactions between media/social media, and body dissatisfaction
Journal articles and proceedings
- Talbot, D., Cass, J., & Smith, E. (2020). Male Figural Rating Scales: A Critical Review of the Literature. Behaviour Change, 1, 15.
- Jonason, P. K., Talbot, D., Cunningham, M. L., & Chonody, J. (2020). Higher-order coping strategies: Who uses them and what outcomes are linked to them. Personality and Individual Differences, 155, 109755.
- Cass, J., Giltrap, G., & Talbot, D. (2020). Female body dissatisfaction and attentional bias to body images evaluated using visual search. Frontiers in Psychology, 10, 2821.
- Talbot, D., Smith, E., & Cass, C. (2019). Male body dissatisfaction, eating disorder symptoms, body composition, and attentional bias to body stimuli evaluated using visual search. Journal of Experimental Psychopathology, 10(2),1-13
- Talbot, D., Smith, E., & Cass, C. (2019). The relationship between psychophysical body categorization performance and male body dissatisfaction, Scientific Reports, 9(1), 3882.
- Talbot, D., Cass, J., & Smith, E. (2019). Visual Body Scale for Men (VBSM): validation of a new Figural Rating Scale to measure body dissatisfaction in men, Journal of Clinical Psychology, 75(3), 462-480.
- Talbot, D., Cass, J., Smith, E., & Griffiths, S. (2018) Development and validation of the New Somatomorphic Matrix - Male (NSM-M): A figural rating scale for measuring male actual-ideal body discrepancy. Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 20 (3), 356-367.
- Talbot, D., Van der Burg, E., & Cass, J. (2017). Stereoscopic segmentation cues improve visual timing performance in spatiotemporally cluttered environments. i-Perception, 8(2), 1-16.
- Talbot, D., Smith, E., Tomkins, A., Brockman, R., & Simpson, S. (2015). Schema modes in eating disorders compared to a community sample. Journal of Eating Disorders, 3(1), 1-4.
Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)