Johnny has completed his Bachelor of Laws, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Master of Laws (Commercial Transactions) and Master of Philosophy (Law). He is an admitted as a solicitor of the New South Wales Supreme Court.
Johnny's areas of research interest are Religious Freedom, Medical Jurisprudence, Bioethics, Jurisprudence, Tort Law, Comparative Law and Legal history.
Johnny is a PhD Candidate at the University of Southern Queensland, completing aa qualitative study to identify the relationship between the mother’s consent to an abortional act and the foetus’ legal standing as a victim of homicide. He works full time as a Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst at AIG (American International Group).
Research expertise and supervision
Jurisprudence, Legal history, Tort Law, Comparative Law, Medical Jurisprudence, Bioethics
Journal articles and proceedings
Johnny M. Sakr, ‘The Correlation Between Nazi Ideology and Radical Islamist Theology in Jurisprudential Thought’ (2017) 8 (1) The Western Australian Jurist 311 – 397.
Johnny M Sakr, 'The Freedom to Offend in the Pursuit of Truth' (2019) 10(1) The Western Australian Jurist 135 - 155.
- Should ‘Inclusive Religious Freedom’ Silence Christians? - University of Notre Dame (Sydney), Third Annual Religious Liberty Conference
- Freedom To Offend In The Pursuit of Truth - Sheridan College (Perth), Religious Freedom at the Crossroads
- The Reasonable Person: The Conjecture from the Universality of Reasonableness in Jurisprudence and Ancient Philosophical Thought - University of Technology Sydney, 2016 Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) HDR Student Conference
- The Correlation Between Nazi Ideology and Radical Islamist Theology in Jurisprudential Thought - Murdoch University (Perth), Western Australian Legal Theory Association
- Religious Freedom at the Crossroads Conference, Sheridan College (Perth).
- Third Annual Religious Liberty Conference Speech, The University of Notre Dame (Sydney).
- 3 Minute Thesis (3MT), Legal Review Board, University of Notre Dame (Sydney).
- The University of Notre Dame 3 Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition.
- Western Australia Legal Theory Association - Murdoch University, Perth.
- The University of Notre Dame Postgraduate Research Student Conference Presentation and Dinner.
- University of Technology Sydney – Arts and Social Sciences Higher Degree Research Student Conference.