Endowed Chairs are an important means of supporting the appointment of first-class scholars and leaders to individual Schools on each of the University’s three Campuses.
We need Endowed Chairs in all fields: Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing & Midwifery, and Philosophy & Theology. Holders of Endowed Chairs are expected to be major contributors to the advancement of the University, their disciplines, and the community.
These prestigious named Chairs require a minimum endowment of $1.5m.
The University of Notre Dame Australia has received donations to fund the following Endowed Chairs:
- The Chair of Palliative Care Research
- The Churack Chair of Chronic Pain Education and Research
- The Bernie Prindiville Chair of Education (donated by the Prindiville Family)
- The Mary Prindiville Chair of Theology (donated by the Prindiville Family)
- The Wesfarmers Chair of Medicine (donated by Wesfarmers Pty Ltd)
- The Bevis Smith Chair of Medicine (donated by Bevis Smith)