Check the basics
Students can access all university services using their Student ID and password. These services include student applications and online services, library printing, campus computers and university wireless networks.
Keeping your password secure is the first line of defence in preventing unwanted access to your account.
Find out how to unlock, reset or change your password online with our helpful guides.
Using PortalGuard you can manage your University account. With the online portal you can:
- Change Password: Change your password before or after it has expired.
- Unlock Account: Restore access if your account is locked out.
- Forgot Password: Use to reset your password.
Remember to update your mobile number in PeopleSoft to before using PortalGuard online services. If you change your contact details after initial set up, please update them in PeopleSoft before continuing to use PortalGuard.
Your new password must adhere to the following security requirements,
- Must be at least 7 characters in length;
- Must contain a capital letter, lowercase letters and a number eg. (1,2,3,4,5 etc.);
- Must contain symbols/characters to strengthen your password eg (!@#$%^&*_+);
- Cannot contain your first name, last name or student number; and
- Cannot use the last 24 previously set passwords on your account.
All passwords expire after 1001 days for students
Students are encouraged not to change the number or symbol to the next increment when your password expires. It is better to select a passphrase instead to keep your account secure.
Use our password security guide to set a secure password for your account.
Having issues with your password
The Student ID and password are assigned in the format
- Username: 32XXXXXX
- Password: NdDDMMYYYY (full date of birth)
If you are unable to access your portals or login onto a campus machine, the issue may be your password. Find out more about lockouts, resets and why it is important to clear cache if you are unable to access portals or emails.
If you receive an error when trying to log into any University service please contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.