Teams is a collaboration app that keeps you and your team organised. Use Teams to share documents, chat, work on projects, complete daily tasks or share new ideas all in one place. Work on documents in real-time, use video conference and screen share to meet in one virtual location.
Suited for internal communication, one-on-one, small to medium group sessions; switch seamlessly between text, voice and video chat with Teams. Sync with other Office 365 applications to work with your team in any capacity (file sharing, emails, instant messaging and even video conferences).
Click on the headings below to find out more about features for Microsoft Teams.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Windows: Minimum 1.6 GHz (or higher) (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Mac: Minimum Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or highe
- Windows and Mac: 2.0 GB RAM
- Windows: 3.0 GB of available disk space
- Mac: 1.5 GB of available disk space
- Windows: 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Mac: 1280 x 800 or higher resolution
- Windows: 10 and 8.1 in 32-bit and 64-bit
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- Camera device: webcam, phone, tablet, laptop - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
When should I use Teams over Zoom?
Do you want to collaborate or conference?
Teams is a collaboration tool, suited for internal communication with teams and small meetings. Able to sync with Office products it allows easy file sharing. chat and calendar support for users. Use Teams when you want to work simultaneously on documents, create a group chat or project channel as a small group.
Zooms is used for web conferencing and webinars as it supports both internal and external users. Use Zoom for one on one, small to large conferences and meetings for high performance audio and video. Share multiple screens, take a poll, ask questions or chat with Zoom.
Can Teams be used on a mobile?
What are channels?
Channels are where you hold meetings, have conversations, and work on files simultaneously. Create a standard or private channel for specific topics or events to discuss with your team.
Learn more about Channels
How can I use Teams for studying?
Microsoft Teams is recommended for group-based projects, group study, clubs and associations to communicate, collaborate, meet online, assign tasks, and access to Office apps.
Can I add a Staff to Student channels?
Microsoft Teams runs on two different systems for Students (O365) and Staff (Exchange) for access to contacts.
Because of this staff contacts need to be added as a guest user to a team or channel. Type the staffs full email address when trying to find in the contact directory.
Fremantle08 9433 0999
8am – 5pm AWST
Sydney02 8204 4444
8am – 5pm AEST
Broome08 9192 0632
8am – 4:30pm AWST