COVID-19 Student Hardship Assistance Fund

This Fund has been set up in direct response to the challenges many of our students are currently facing due to the global COVID-19 health crisis. The purpose of the Fund is to offer support to those who need emergency assistance while continuing their studies at The University of Notre Dame Australia.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for emergency assistance under this Program, applicants must:

  1. be enrolled in either an undergraduate or post graduate (including HDR) degree at the University; and
  2. be currently enrolled either on a full-time study load, or on a part-time study load of 0.5 or higher; and
  3. continue their studies past the census date and be enrolled to study in the following Semester; and
  4. demonstrate that they have directly suffered financial impact resulting from COVID- 19 such that emergency assistance is required; and
  5. have not previously received any emergency assistance under this Program.

How do I apply?

If you are a student wishing to access emergency assistance under the Fund, you should:

  1. contact your Dean or the  Executive Director of  Admissions and Student Services; OR
  2. complete the form below and we will be in contact with you within 24 hours.

Apply for Hardship Assistance

What will I receive if my application is granted?

A grant of emergency assistance under the Fund may be made in a number of ways, depending on the type of emergency hardship being faced. The maximum amount of financial assistance shall not exceed $1,000. Grants may be either in the form of monetary assistance, or alternatively they may be provided as in-kind assistance. For example, assistance may be provided by way of a pre-paid card. If assistance is to be provided by way of a monetary payment, it will be paid directly to the student as determined by the Executive Director of  Admissions and Student Services.

When can I apply?

The Fund is effective as of April 2020.

How long will the Fund last?

The fund will expire upon notification by the University.

I have more questions.

For further information, including specific case advice, please contact your Dean or contact

Student Support Services