• Am I an international student?

    You are an international student if you have any temporary visa, including, but not limited to, any of the following:

    • Bridging visa
    • Provisional Resident visa
    • Long-term Business visa
    • Student visa

    If you are an Australian citizen or one of the following, you are considered a domestic student and should complete the domestic student application form:

    • Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
    • Australian Permanent Resident
    • New Zealand citizen
    • Diplomatic or consular representative of New Zealand, or the spouse or dependent relative of such a representative
  • Can I study part-time?

    International students studying in Australia on a student visa can only study full-time.

  • Can I apply for a scholarship?

    A range of scholarships is available for international students. You can find a list of the most up-to-date scholarships here.

  • What does a 'Certified Copy' mean?

    A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been sighted, stamped, dated and signed by a certifying agent as a true copy of the original. The accepted people who can do this include an Australian consular official, High Commission or Trade official; a person of authority at the issuing institution (for example, the registrar); Justice of the Peace; or public notary.

    Alternatively, members of the Notre Dame Admissions Offices and education agents can verify your documents for admission purposes only. All copies of transcripts and official documents accompanying an application must be certified.

  • How can I submit my application?

    You can submit your application by post (see below) or apply direct online.

    International Office, Fremantle
    The University of Notre Dame Australia
    PO Box 1225, Fremantle WA 6959

    Telephone: +61 8 9433 0537
    Fax: +61 8 9433 0769

    Alternatively, you may wish to submit your application through one of our friendly education agents. Agents are able to provide assistance in submitting your application to Notre Dame, obtaining your student visa, accommodation, airport pick-up and other services you may require when moving to Australia. A list of Notre Dame's education agents can be found at https://www.notredame.edu.au/international/agents.

    Admissions Office, Sydney
    The University of Notre Dame Australia
    PO Box 944, Broadway NSW 2007

    Telephone: +61 2 8204 4400
    Fax: +61 2 8204 4422

  • Can I have a conditional or packaged offer?

    Conditional or packaged offers are only made in conjunction with existing partner arrangements. For further information, please contact international@nd.edu.au

  • How do I know how many courses will be credited from my previous study?

    You can discuss opportunities for Advanced Standing at the interview with our academic staff. Once you have received an offer, you may apply formally for Advanced Standing.

  • Can I submit academic transcripts and certificates that are not in English?

    If your qualification and transcripts are in a language other than English, you must have your qualification translated and provide the Admissions Office with certified copies of the translation and qualification or award. The translation should be completed by a National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) translator.

  • Do I need to sit an English language test?

    Students who have completed recognised secondary or tertiary study in English may be exempt from English proficiency testing.

    Further information on English language proficiency requirements can be found here.

    Please note: Notre Dame reserves the right to request the evidence of English competencies from any applicant.