University life in Sydney
- The Sydney Harbour (a ferry will take you to Hunters Hill, the city, north to Manly or east to Watson’s Bay)
- Beaches, sea pools, coastal walks and nature trails
- National parks including Royal National Park to the south, Blue Mountains National Park to the west, and Ku-ring-gai Chase and Lane Cove National Parks to the north
- City and local parks including the Royal Botanic Gardens, Centennial Park, Hyde Park
- Markets for fresh fruit, vegetables and seafood or markets for art and craft including Sydney Fish Markets, Chinatown night markets, The Rocks Friday Food Markets, Paddington Markets, Glebe Markets, Bondi Markets and Marrickville Markets
- The Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Rocks, Bondi Beach, Taronga Park Zoo
With a population of 5.6 million people, Sydney is a dynamic and multicultural city with a sunny climate. There is so much to see and experience within the city including a vibrant cultural scene, fabulous coastline, nature reserves and fantastic food. Students commonly like to explore:
Notre Dame Sydney Campus
Notre Dame’s Sydney Campus includes two separate sites, both in the vibrant social hub of the city:
Our Broadway site is located at the heart of Sydney’s university district, a short walk from Central train station, close to the inner-city precincts of Newtown, Camperdown and Surry Hills and also near the city’s lively Chinatown district. It is home to most of our Academic Schools including Arts & Sciences, Business, Education and Law.
The Darlinghurst site is nestled in Sydney’s famous shopping district – showcasing the world’s leading fashion brands and cafés that set the benchmark for Australia’s legendary café culture. It is strategically located near St Vincent’s Hospital which is recognised worldwide for the role it plays at the cutting edge of medical science. The hospital is a key partner of Notre Dame’s Schools of Medicine and Nursing.
A range of study programs are offered at the Sydney Campus in the following Schools:
- Arts & Sciences
- Philosophy & Theology
A range of accommodation options are available close to our Sydney Campus.
The Notre Dame Campus is located within walking distance of student residences based at three other Sydney universities. Some students opt to stay in a nearby house or apartment.
The Student Services Office is dedicated to the wellbeing of students by facilitating their participation in student life and providing counselling and other support services including:
- Careers Service
- Student Counselling
- Mentor Program
All new international students will have a peer mentor who is from the same school or discipline. Connecting with an already established student will help students to become familiar with the campus and services available to them as well as meeting new people.
- Sports and Recreation
- Student Connect Officer
- Notre Dame Volunteer Network