Master of Business Leadership
School of Business, Fremantle Campus
Effective leadership is a vital managerial skill, but not one that necessarily comes naturally to everyone. In fact, many of today’s leaders say that it has only been through sound tertiary education, ongoing professional development and inspirational mentors that they have developed the knowledge required to lead and motivate peers and employees. This Master of Leadership provides you with everything you need to be a successful leader in a complex and demanding management and business environment.
Why study this degree?
Available as a full-time program across 18 months (or the equivalent in part-time study) this postgraduate degree will provide you with the skills necessary to secure a leadership role in your chosen field, profession or industry. You are required to complete nine compulsory courses focusing on leadership, strategy and a project, and have the option of a specialisation in business, liberal arts or three general elective courses.
Each course is developed and offered by a team of respected leaders, combining a solid academic framework with strong commercial and industry experience in the degree program. This ensures that our postgraduate programs, such as this one, are both academically sound, career relevant and contemporary with industry and the modern Australian society. The Master of Leadership program is therefore a unique blend of class tutorials, networking, mentoring and interacting with guest lecturers.
Nine compulsory leadership courses:
- Ethical Leadership for Today’s Organisations (or equivalent)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Leadership: Theory and Practice
- Leading Change
- Strategic Management and Planning
- Strategic Workforce issues
- Research Methods
- Directed Research Project - or - Professional Project
Two specialisation streams
You may choose from the following:
- Business – Economics for Managers
- Business – Accounting for Managers
- Business – Marketing
- Liberal Arts – Ethics
- Liberal Arts – Philosophy
- Liberal Arts – Theology
- Three general postgraduate electives as approved by the Dean.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognised Australian or overseas university demonstrating the attainment of satisfactory grades plus a minimum of five years’ relevant experience in managerial and/or supervisory and/or leadership roles
- OR a Graduate Diploma in a Business discipline
- OR if the Dean is satisfied that there is sufficient background and/or experience in management/supervision and the applicant has the skills necessary to complete the program.
Recognition of Prior Learning may be granted to selected applicants who have no formal tertiary qualifications but who have at least 10 years’ industry experience.
Students who have completed a recognised postgraduate business degree (i.e. Graduate Certificate in Business) may be eligible to apply for advanced standing, depending on their undergraduate course and specialisation. To obtain advanced standing, students require a significant level of specialisation in a particular area. For further information go to Advanced Standing.
Fees and costs
More information can be found at the Fees page.