Graduate Certificate in Sport Coaching and Leadership
School of Health Sciences, Fremantle Campus
Our Graduate Certificate in Sport Coaching and Leadership develops coaches who understand, manage and lead people comprehensively and ethically. This program provides a clear understanding of the theory and methodological application of best practice principles that focus on a holistic coaching approach to athlete development and performance.
Why study this degree?
This program provides future and current coaches with a clear understanding of the theory and methodological application of best practice principles that focus on holistic athlete development. Throughout the program, you explore coaching and leadership theories and behaviours, cultural issues, performance analysis techniques, and professional practice principles.
The program adopts a multi-disciplinary holistic approach to performance coaching within an ethical framework. Students reflect on their own coaching experience, and how coaching and leadership can influence athletic environments, performance and progress.
Notre Dame's distinctive approach is recognised by students, in nationwide federal government student surveys, as being #1 in Australia for 'skills development' and best in the State for 'overall quality of educational experience' and 'student support' for postgraduate studies.(qilt.edu.au).
The Four compulsory Program courses within the Grad Certificate include:
- Multidisciplinary Coaching Practice
- Performance Technology and Analysis for Coaches
- Leadership and Culture in Sport
- Professional practice in High Performance Sport
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
You will learn from academics who are industry leaders and, through our practicum placements and internship programs, you will gain real professional experience and make valuable connections.
- A Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) in a related field; OR
- A Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7 in any field) combined with 5 years coaching experience in semi-professional or professional sport; OR
- Where the applicant does not meet the above criteria, admission to this program may be granted if: a) The applicant has sufficient background and/or experience in coaching or leadership in semi professional or professional sport and; b) The applicant has the skills necessary to complete postgraduate studies
Fees and costs
This Program has the following loan scheme(s) available for eligible students:
The FEE-HELP loan scheme assists eligible fee-paying students with the payment of all, or part, of their tuition fees, not including additional study costs such as accommodation or textbooks. Your FEE-HELP debt will be indexed each year in line with the Consumer Price Index.