Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education
School of Medicine, Fremantle Campus
The Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education at The University of Notre Dame Australia is a part-time program. Aimed at health professionals who currently hold an educational role or who are transitioning into one this highly flexible postgraduate program is facilitated entirely online.
Why study this degree?
This Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education is a highly practical degree and is designed to meet the unique requirements of educators working in health professional contexts. The industry-focused postgraduate program is aimed at a broad cross-section of health professions including those working in medicine, nursing and allied health services.
The program encourages you to develop your teaching skills in both clinical and non-clinical environments. Because we understand that clinical educators often have multiple priorities (some of which include patient care, supervision, teaching, research and development, management and administration), this degree is incredibly flexible. The subjects that make up this qualification are delivered online, allowing content to be accessed at a time, place and pace that best suits you.
This qualification provides a starting point for health professionals looking to expand their knowledge, skills and affective learning. Should you wish to further your education, the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education is an articulated qualification that forms the foundation for the Graduate Diploma of Health Professional Education.
- Introduction to Tertiary Teaching and Learning in Health Professional Education
- Contemporary Issues in HPE
- Designing Curriculum for Effective Learning
- Principles and Practice of Assessment and Evaluation
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- The completion of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognised Australian or overseas university in a health professional field, showing the attainment of satisfactory grades
- Active involvement in health professional education
More information can be found at the Fees page.