School of Medicine, Fremantle Campus
Studying for a Doctor of Medicine (MD) is highly demanding and entry is highly competitive. This Pre-Medicine Certificate from The University of Notre Dame Australia is designed to prepare undergraduate students who wish to apply for this postgraduate Medicine program.
Why study this degree?
The Pre-Medicine Certificate is a four-subject program designed for students who are interested in applying for Medicine at Notre Dame upon the completion of their undergraduate degree. Spanning two core subjects, one experiential learning engagement and one elective, these additional subjects are studied concurrently with your undergraduate degree.
Over the course of your studies, you will encounter subjects such as psychology, the sociology of health and medicine, behavioural science, biological science and more. You will also be paired and mentored by the Pre-Medicine Certificate Coordinator who will help you choose your final year elective.
Please Note: the completion of the Pre-Medicine Certificate does not guarantee you entry to the School of Medicine. However, should you meet the required GPA and GAMSAT scores, you will automatically progress to the interview stage for postgraduate Medicine at Notre Dame's Fremantle Campus.
- Aboriginal Studies
- Health, Medicine & Society
- Social Justice, Service Learning & Community Engagement OR Service Learning International OR Social Justice Projects
One Pre-Medicine Certificate Elective to be chosen from:
- Introduction to Biological Science
- Theories & Approaches to Counselling
- Counselling Skills Training
- Community Mental Health
- Social Justice, Service Learning & Community Engagement
- Service Learning International
- Social Justice Projects
More information about the courses can be found at the course descriptions page.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants with recent Secondary Education
- Indicative ATAR score of 90 or above with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD); or
- Minimum International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 33
Applicants with Higher Education
- Completed at least one semester full-time study in any Notre Dame undergraduate degree maintaining at least a 65% average
- A recommendation letter from the Dean or Associate Dean
- Sufficient semesters remaining in the undergraduate degree to accommodate completion of the four courses of the Pre-Medicine Certificate (normally four semesters)
Students are required to pay tuition fees upfront. This program is not eligible for the HECS/FEE HELP program.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Pre-Medicine Certificate, please call our Prospective Student Officers on +61 8 9433 0533 or email email@example.com.