Graduate Diploma of Perioperative Nursing
School of Nursing & Midwifery, Fremantle Campus
At The University of Notre Dame Australia, we have partnered with a number of leading hospitals and health providers in Western Australia to create this program which allows perioperative nurses to further develop their skills. The program can be completed in one year of full-time study. To apply, you will need to be a current employee at one of our partner health institutions.
Why study this degree?
Designed for working professionals, the Graduate Diploma of Perioperative Nursing has been jointly
created by The School of Nursing & Midwifery and industry experts. Perioperative nurses are trained
to assist with the care of people who are recovering from major operations, and if you enrol in this
program, you will receive rigorous and demanding training. Classes are held off-Campus at one of our
partner health institutions in Western Australia.
The program is open to anyone with an undergraduate nursing degree (or equivalent) who is also an
employee of one of our affiliated health services – see list below. Once you have completed this
program, you may apply for a Master of Nursing (Perioperative) which requires a further year of
study. Our health service partners include:
- Fiona Stanley and Fremantle Hospital Group
- King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Perth Children’s Hospital
- The Mount Hospital
- Ramsay Health Care
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- St John of God Healthcare (Bunbury)
- St John of God Healthcare (Mt Lawley)
- St John of God Healthcare (Midland)
- St John of God Healthcare (Murdoch)
- St John of God Healthcare (Subiaco)
- NURS5120/5121 Pathophysiological Processes Related to Therapeutic Action
- NURS5130/5131 Clinical Practice
- NURS5140/5141 Professional Development
- NURS5150/5151 Reflective Practice
- NURS5160/5161 Management
- PHIL6020 Ethics in Professional Life
Master of Nursing (Perioperative)
Students choose a research area relevant to their specialty of nursing practice. This program requires
an additional two semesters of part-time study.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
The following entry requirements apply to this program:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia or provisional registration, whichever is applicable at the time of commencement
- Nursing of other appropriate degree or the equivalent
- Minimum of one year relevant post registration nursing experience
- Current employment contract for the term of the program with an approved health service.
Fees and costs
For further information, please contact the School of Nursing & Midwifery.
For more information on the Graduate Diploma of Perioperative Nursing, please call our Prospective
Students Office on +61 8 9433 0533 or email email@example.com.