Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies
School of Arts & Sciences
The Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies offers students the opportunity to experience University-level studies in those fields that influence our understanding and management of the environment. Students will learn how to research and analyse critical issues, and will develop skills in presenting information and arguments.
Why study this certificate?
Students can acquire new skills and add to their existing qualifications with an Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies. The certificate is also a pathway to further study of higher awards, such as a Diploma or Bachelor degree.
The Undergraduate Certificate of Environmental Studies is designed for students who:
- Would like to add value to their existing professional experience and qualifications by gaining skills in Environmental Studies
- Are returning to or entering university and trialling whether they would like to proceed with further education in Environmental Studies
- Would like a pathway to further study into a Bachelor of Science, a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Education (Primary or Secondary) providing minimum entry requirements are met.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies consists of four courses.
Students must complete at least one of the following courses:
- SCIE1150 Introduction to Biological Sciences
- GEOG1110 Physical Geography: Climates, Geology and Soils
Plus, any of the following courses (where pre-requisites allow):
- BIOL2260 Plant Diversity
- BIOL3000 Adaptations for Survival in the Australian Environment
- BIOL3250 Aquatic Science
- ENVR2330 Australian Ecology: from Theory to Practice
- ENVR3310 Environmental Impact Assessment and Planning
- ENVR3520 Natural Resource Management
- GEOG3110 Coastal Processes and Planning
- SCIE1001 Fundamentals of Science, Research and Communication
- SCIE3290 Geographic Information Systems
Please note that although this certificate is delivered wholly online, the Bachelor of Sciences requires attendance on the Fremantle campus.
Full details of the program are contained in the Program Regulations.
The minimum entry requirements of The University of Notre Dame Australia apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies.
While minimum entry requirements need to be met, we also consider a student’s application more broadly — their non-academic achievements (professional work experience, leadership roles, volunteering, community and/or church involvement), as well as their personal qualities, aspirations, interests and capacity to successfully complete this program.
If you have been displaced in the workforce due to COVID-19 and wish to retrain or upskill in identified national priority areas, you may be eligible for discounted student fees under the Government's Higher Education Relief Package. For further information please visit the Course Seeker website.
For more information please email email@example.com