Graduate Certificate in Catholic Thought (NSW)
School of Philosophy & Theology
The Graduate Certificate in Catholic Thought is designed to provide qualified teachers with accreditation to teach “Studies in Catholic Thought” in Catholic secondary schools in NSW. It will also appeal to laypersons, clergy, and those in ministry. The program focuses on two themes central to the Catholic tradition – the “human person” and the “good life”. Through exploration of these themes you will develop a deeper understanding of the richness of Catholic belief, thinking and tradition.
This course is offered in online mode only.
Why study this program?
The Graduate Certificate in Catholic Thought is ideal for:
- Qualified teachers wishing to gain accreditation to teach “Studies of Catholic Thought” in NSW secondary schools
- Qualified teachers wishing to gain a Religious Education Coordinators (RECs) qualification in the Sydney Archdiocese
- People wishing to deepen their understanding of the Catholic intellectual tradition
Those undertaking the Graduate Certificate in Catholic Thought will study philosophy and theology from within the Catholic liberal arts tradition, with a focus on the main themes of the “human person” and the “good life”. You will learn why the Church teaches various contemporary moral and social issues and will investigate the Catholic tradition of the arts, including: painting, sculpture, music, architecture, film, and literature.
Core courses include:
- The Human Person in Catholic Thought
- The Good Life in Catholic Thought
- Teaching What The Catholic Church Teaches
- Education in the Catholic Liberal Arts Tradition
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants must have the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree.
For more information and indicative fees please visit the Fees page.
If you have been displaced in the workforce due to COVID-19 and wish to retrain or upskill in identified national priority areas, you may be eligible for discounted student fees under the Government's Higher Education Relief Package. For further information please visit the Course Seeker website.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.