Aim & Research Questions
The project addressed the four key objectives as outlined in the OLT request for expressions of interest:
- What are the key enablers and constraints to successful transition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students into higher education? Particular consideration, where data and information was available, was given to 'under-represented groups' identified by OLT which included:
- women who are principal carers
- young men
- young people not transitioning from VET
- people with disabilities
- people in the prison system, and
- remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- What are the best practice models or frameworks that can be utilised to achieve successful transitions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to higher education?
- Why are current initiatives, intended to support under-represented groups, not delivering intended outcomes?
- What strategies will assist potential Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to transition successfully into higher education?