Publication Incentive at ND
Research Incentive Scheme for Staff (RIS)
Notre Dame’s Research Incentive Scheme (RIS) provides research incentives to Notre Dame staff for:
- Successful publication of a research paper in a peer-reviewed journal or other publication in a format which attracts funding from the Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE),
- The presentation of a refereed paper on their research at a conference,
- The successful supervision of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) student to graduation.
Research incentives are awarded to full-time or fractional staff with continuing employment agreements at Notre Dame in Fremantle, Broome or Sydney. This excludes staff with sessional, casual or fixed-term contracts.
Eligible research publications
Staff at the University are eligible for an incentive, if they publish a:
- Sole-authored book (not edited)
- Book (multiple authors, not edited)
- Book Chapter
- Refereed article in scholarly journal
- Fully refereed conference paper
- Creative works (ERA reportable)
Applications need to include a completed Application for use of Research Incentive Scheme (Publications) form