20:20 Vision for Quality Learning and Teaching
Sydney 28th September and Fremantle 2nd October
The LTO is once again hosting its annual Conference. Joining us this year as the keynote speaker is Associate Professor Cath Ellis. Cath was recognized as one of Times Higher Education’s People of the Year for her leadership in the field of academic integrity. She is the Associate Dean (Education) in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at UNSW. As a leader in the field of academic integrity and with unparalleled expertise in the area, Cath has a particular interest in contract cheating.
The conference focus is on a ‘20:20 Vision for Quality Learning and Teaching in Higher Education’ and will cover three themes:
- Integrity: SoTL that enhances academic integrity;
- Excellence: SoTL that demonstrates a commitment to excellence in learning and teaching;
- Design principles: SoTL that demonstrates the creation of effective learning environments, particularly new online spaces.
We invite all staff to submit a short presentation addressing the conference focus and responding to one of the themes, as it relates to student learning in higher education.
2020 Key dates:
- 4 May - Call for presentation abstracts (300 words)
- 30 July - Call closes (including submissions for the DVCA SoTL paper prize)
- 21 August - Presentation sessions confirmed
- 30 August - Deadline for DVCA paper prize submissions
- 21 September - Registrations close (Sydney)
- 25 September - Registrations close (Fremantle)
All presentations are eligible for a best abstract award in each of the sub-themes.
Hosted by the Learning and Teaching Office.