The Learning and Teaching Resources Catalogue
To support the future planning of delivery options using technology, the LTO (on behalf of the LTC) developed an evidence-based paper defining the terms for Technology Enhanced Learning at Notre Dame. Consideration was given to the underpinning ethos of the University, as well as the current and most likely future direction of its technology infrastructure. The paper was reviewed and endorsed by the relevant University learning and teaching focused committees and approved by the Vice Chancellor. The table provides the terms adopted by Notre Dame for a common understanding.
|Term||Referred to as||Definition/Notes|
|Emergency remote teaching|
|Hybrid flexible approach|
|TEL (Technology Enhanced Learning)|
|Face-to-face learning and teaching|
The all-inclusive Learning and Teaching Resources Catalogue is organised by subject and contains links to the following:
- Practice guides – short evidence and research based guides demonstrating good pedagogy in practice;
- LTO webinar recordings addressing a variety of topics and concepts that the Notre Dame academic champions from each of the Schools identified as urgent and important;
- Videos demonstrating how to use a wide variety of learning technologies and tools;
- Guides – short illustrated step by step instructions on the use of tools and aspects of learning technologies supported by Notre Dame;
- Extended guides – materials containing both digital pedagogy and how-to instructions;
- Open book exam protocols – examples of instructions for both students and staff;
- Spotlights – researched and evidence based guides illustrating digital pedagogy in action;
- Links to new Learning and Teaching policies, procedures and guidelines; and
- Links to Web portals containing topical collections of materials addressing various aspects of learning and teaching practice.
We hope that you will find the L&T Resources Catalogue useful. Please contact the LTO with any feedback and suggestions.