Awards and grants
- School Awards – please contact the respective School/s directly
- Vice-Chancellor Awards (Promoting Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Supervision) – the call for nominations is usually in October of the year prior to the award presentation
- VC award Guidelines
- VC Awards Policy
Department of Education, formerly the Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT, administers a number of annual awards, including:
- Citation Awards
- Australian University Teaching Excellence Awards
- Australian University Program Excellence Awards
The links to the DET award information are for information and reference only at this point as the 2018 Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) submission outlines are yet to be determined.
While all award categories and assessment criteria will remain the same, the following outlines key changes to this year’s Awards:
- Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning and Awards for Program that Enhance Learning will not attract prizemoney.
- Awards for Teaching Excellence and the Award for Australian University Teacher of the Year will attract prize money, though amounts will be reduced. Details on prize money for these awards will be provided later.
- The state-based Citations ceremonies will no longer take place. Recipients of Citations and Program Awards will receive a certificate. Ceremonies or other forms of public recognition will be at the discretion of the recipients’ institution.
- Award recipients for Excellence in University Teacher and the Australian University Teacher of the Year Award will be announced at the Universities Australia Higher Education Conference, National Convention Centre Canberra on Wednesday, 27 February to Friday, 1 March, 2019.
New online submission process for nominations, which are due on Sunday, 9 December, 2018.
Australian Financial Review (AFR) Awards
Now in their third year, the AFR Higher Education Awards recognise the contribution of scholars in a wide range of areas, including community engagement, equity and opportunity, education technology and international education. Entry is free – 2018 submissions close on June 29. The Awards Dinner will take place at The Langham Melbourne on August 28, 2018.