The safety and security of our students – on and off Campus – is of critical importance. Following are the details – and contact numbers of the help available on campus for students whose safety and security, or the safety and security of others, is at immediate risk.
For non-emergency Police assistance, call 131 444.
Step 1. If there is an immediate life threatening emergency for you or another person, call 000.
Step 2. In the case of an emergency or if you require security assistance, please call one of the following numbers.
- Fremantle: 0438 923 955 or the 24 hour security patrol call (08) 9433 0123 (extension 2123)
- Broadway: 0403 458 011 or dial the pre-programmed number on an office phone
- Darlinghurst: 0406 318 213 or dial the pre-programmed number on an office phone
- Broome: 0475 985 197
Security officers at the University ensure that all our Campuses are safe and secure environments.
They are employed to respond to incidents, maintain building security by opening and monitoring them, and provide assistance to students, staff and visitors.
Security guards can walk students and staff to the perimeter of the University. Staff car parks are also open after hours for staff and students to park their cars closer to campus.
Residential and international students
Fremantle Hall Supervisor Duty Phone: +61 437 904 565
In the case of an emergency for Notre Dame students and staff on an overseas trip or placement, refer to the emergency contact list provided by the relevant School which includes contact numbers for:
- the relevant School;
- the local police;
- the insurance emergency number; and
- the Australian Embassy.
Critical incident management policy and procedure
Critical incident officers
Chief Property & Facilities Officer
08 9433 0623
Property, Facilities and Security
Chief of Staff/Legal Council
02 8204 4389
Governance, Compliance and Legal
Chief Finance Officer
08 9433 0842
Finance and Insurance
Chief Information Officer
08 9433 0650
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Learning & Teaching
02 8204 4678
Pro Vice Chancellor, Student Experience
08 9433 0647
Pro Vice Chancellor, Communications & Engagement
08 9433 0555
Media and Communications
Pro Vice Chancellor, People & Culture
02 8204 4400
Director, Facilities & Asset Management
08 9433 0968
Campus Facilities and Security
Director, Health, Safety & Wellbeing
08 9433 0805
Health and Safety
Personal Safety Tips
- Be alert, assertive and confident.
- Try to walk with other people rather than alone.
- Carry only the money you need for the day.
- Keep your money and wallet in your front pocket, and keep your bag in front of you.
- Be aware of your surroundings and report anything unusual and suspicious.
- At night, stay in well-lit areas where there are lots of people.
- If you feel like you are being followed or threatened, cross the street, change direction,
- Vary your pace and enter a shop or occupied house.
- Report suspicious activity to the Police