Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership & Management)
School of Education, Fremantle Campus
The Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership & Management) provides a thorough introduction to the subject for teachers wishing to develop their leadership and management skills. This program will appeal to students who aspire to senior management positions in schools.
Why study this degree?
Are you a four-year trained teacher who would like to become a more effective leader and manager? At the School of Education we believe that teaching is more than a profession – it is a vocation. Teachers are called on to inspire, challenge and lead future generations, which is why we offer a highly flexible learning option for working teachers.
The Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership & Management) comprises four courses of study. Options include Teaching in the Middle Years of Schooling, Pastoral Care and the School, and Leadership as Reflective Practice. This program is ideal for those who want to move into senior management positions or develop their own leadership skills.
The program is delivered via a combination of face-to-face classes and online tuition. Applicants must hold a four-year teaching degree and have at least three years teaching experience.
Graduates of this program may choose to enrol for a Master’s at Notre Dame.
Students must complete four of the following courses:
- Retreat Leadership in Catholic Schools
- Christian Formation in Education
- Pastoral Care and the School
- Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools
- Leading Curriculum Planning
- Theology of Leadership
- Leadership as Reflective Practice
- Professional Supervision of Beginning Teachers
- Teaching in the Middle Years of Schooling
- Strategic Management in Education
- The Professional Religious Educator
- Ethical Leadership for Today's Organisations
Students may commence their studies in the Summer Term (January), in Semester 1 (February) or April Intensive, in Winter Term (July), in Semester 2 (July) or October Intensive, subject to course availability.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
A student applying for the Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) must:
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification;
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- Have at least three years of professional experience.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership & Management), please call our Prospective Students Officer on +61 8 9433 0533 or email email@example.com.