Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership & Management)
School of Education
The Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) provides a thorough introduction to the subject for teachers wishing to develop their leadership and management skills. This program will appeal to students who aspire to senior management positions in schools.
Why study this program?
Are you a four-year trained teacher who would like to become a more effective leader and manager? At the School of Education we believe that teaching is more than a profession – it is a vocation. Teachers are called on to inspire, challenge and lead future generations, which is why we offer a highly flexible learning option for working teachers.
The Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) comprises four courses of study. The suite of available courses (as below) focus on a range of dimensions of Leadership and Management, as well as pastoral care and wellbeing. This program is ideal for teachers wanting to move into senior management positions or develop their own leadership skills
Graduates of this program may choose to enrol in a Master of Education at Notre Dame.
Students must complete four of the following courses:
- Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools
- Theology of Leadership
- Strategic Management in Education
- Christian Formation in Education
- Retreat Leadership in Catholic Schools
- Ethical Leadership for Today’s Organisations
- Leadership as Reflective Practice
- Critical Issues in Religious Education
- Positive Education: Wellbeing and Student Achievement
- Pastoral Care and the School
- Mentoring and Coaching Graduate, Early Careers and Established Teachers
- Teaching and Leading in the Middle Years of Schooling
- Instructional Leadership
- The Professional Religious Educator
- Building Resilient Teachers and Schools
- Educational Law for Teachers and School Leaders
For a list of courses available please see Schedule of Courses 2022.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
A student applying for the Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) must:
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (four-year Bachelor-level, or postgraduate Master of Teaching), and
- Have a GPA of at least 2 or higher; and
- Have at least three years of relevant professional experience
For more information and indicative fees please visit the Fees page.
For more information please email email@example.com.