Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership & Management)
School of Education
The Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) provides a thorough introduction to the subject for teachers wishing to develop their leadership and management skills. This program will appeal to students who aspire to senior management positions in schools.
Why study this program?
Are you a four-year trained teacher who would like to become a more effective leader and manager? At the School of Education we believe that teaching is more than a profession – it is a vocation. Teachers are called on to inspire, challenge and lead future generations, which is why we offer a highly flexible learning option for working teachers.
The Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) comprises four courses of study. The suite of available courses (as below) focus on a range of dimensions of Leadership and Management, as well as pastoral care and wellbeing. This program is ideal for teachers wanting to move into senior management positions or develop their own leadership skills
Graduates of this program may choose to enrol in a Master of Education at Notre Dame.
Students must complete four of the following courses:
- Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools
- Instructional Leadership
- Theology of Leadership
- Leadership as Reflective Practice
- Ethical Leadership for Today's Organisations
- Retreat Leadership in Catholic Schools
- Pastoral Care and the School
- Christian Formation in Education
- Professional Supervision of Beginning Teachers
- Teaching and Leading in the Middle Years of Schooling
- Strategic Management in Education
- The Professional Religious Educator
- Critical Issues in Catholic Schooling
- Building Resilient Teachers and Schools
- Educational Law for Teachers and School Leaders
- Positive Education: Wellbeing and Student Education
*Students who wish to take full advantage of the HE Relief discounted rate should only choose Education electives.
The Business electives are not part of the HE Relief package:
BUSN5620 Leadership: Theory and Practice
BUSN6580 Leading Change
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
A student applying for the Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership and Management) must:
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (four-year Bachelor-level, or postgraduate Master of Teaching), and
- Have a GPA of at least 2 or higher; and
- Have at least three years of relevant professional experience
For more information and indicative fees please visit the Fees page.
If you have been displaced in the workforce due to COVID-19 and wish to retrain or upskill in identified national priority areas, you may be eligible for discounted student fees under the Government's Higher Education Relief Package. For further information please visit the Course Seeker website.
For more information please email email@example.com.