Now in the third decade of our existence as a university, we seek to realise our potential as a leading Catholic university in the competitive and shifting higher education environment nationally and internationally.
Our distinctive contribution to intellectual and public life is based on our commitment to the harmony of faith and reason at the centre of Catholic discourse. This commitment underpins our vision of fidelity to the Church, full participation in academic life and committed service to the Catholic and wider communities.
In February 2012, the Trustees of the University and the Board of Directors adopted a set of principles to guide the University in the next phase of its planning and development. These Guiding Principles, together with the Objects of the University, the Canonical Statute and the founders’ original vision and ideals, are the foundation upon which the University now seeks to review and articulate the ways in which it will carry out its mission:
- Authentic Catholicity
- Excellence in academic endeavours
- Active community engagement
- Responsible stewardship
- Strategic Plan 2018 - 2021
- International Student and Engagement Strategic Plan 2015 - 2018
- Research Strategic Plan 2015-2017
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Student Strategic Plan 2015-2018*
* The term of the current Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Student Strategic Plan has been extended by six months to June 2019 to enable the re-development of the updated strategy in the context of the University’s Strategic Plan 2018-2021 and the forthcoming Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy.