Study Support Sydney
Academic Support services are provided through the Notre Dame Study Centre (NDSC) located at Broadway on level 5 in Pioneer House (Building 5 on the university map).
Academic Support assists students in three strategic ways.
- Learning advisors encourage students to self-refer in optional formats (outside of class time). These include:
- Lunchtime academic Study Skills workshops during semester and
- Drop-in support sessions in the library for students – further details are sent to students via email each semester as days and time vary.
- Learning advisors work with academics to assist with academic skill development during class time in courses.
- Learning advisors provide School specific mathematics support during the semester in School of Nursing, School of Business and in the Tertiary Preparatory Program (TPP).
Study Skills workshops are presented in partnership with the library and are designed to build academic skills and academic confidence in students. The workshops run for approximately 45 minutes so students have time to eat lunch and prepare for their next class. There is no need to book or register, you just need to show up! Workshop attendance is a great way to connect with other students.
Academic Support deliver information to students about their services via their Notre Dame email, so it is imperative students check their emails regularly.
Study Skills Workshops
Success Now! lunchtime workshops
Success Now! Lunchtime workshops are presented by staff from across the University.
View the Semester 2, 2020 Program.
Academic Integrity Module (AIM)
- 1.1 Understanding academic integrity
- 1.2 Practise ethical scholarship
- 1.3 Respect intellectual property