Retroactive withdrawal

This form should be used to apply for a retroactive withdrawal from a course(s) where the census date(s) and /or academic penalty date(s) have passed.

  • Guidelines for Retroactive Withdrawal Application – please read carefully

    1. Commonwealth Government requirements stipulate that the refund of tuition fees after the Census Date can only occur in special circumstances that:
      1. Are beyond the student’s control; and
      2. Did not make their full impact on the student until on, or after, the Census Date for the course of study; and
      3. Make it impracticable for the Student to complete the requirements for the course during the period which the student undertook, or was to undertake, the course (HESA Sections 36-21 and 104-30).
    2. You MUST attach supporting documentation from a third party with this application before it will be considered. Supporting documentation MUST include enough detail for your request to be appropriately considered. You may be asked for more information if your supporting documentation is not appropriate or sufficient.
    3. You are expected to have read and understood the University’s General Regulations and any relevant Policies or Guidelines that relate to a request for Retroactive Withdrawal before you complete and submit this application form.
    4. The Campus Registrar (or delegate) makes the final decision on any application. Other staff are not able to guarantee your application will be successful. Current students will be advised of the decision by email to your ND Student Email Account only. Noncurrent students will be advised by Post.

Student details
Campus *
Retroactive withdrawal is being requested
Penalties *
Course(s) for which retroactive withdrawal is being requested
Semester/Year* Course code* Course title* Census Date Academic Penalty Date
add row
add row
add row
add row
Declaration *
Upload a max of 3 files (max 20MB total). If you need more uploads, consider compressing all files into a zip file for uploading.
add more


The information provided in this form will only be used for the administrative or educational purposes of the University, or in accordance with your specific consent. The University will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless required to or permitted by law or where you have consented to the disclosure. Information relating to how the University collects, uses or discloses your personal information and how you may complain about the University’s handling of your personal information is contained in the University’s Privacy Policy.
You have a right to access your personal information that the University holds about you and to seek its correction. If you wish to access your personal information or inquire about the handling of your personal information, please contact the relevant Campus Registrar via email: (for Broome / Fremantle Students), or (for Sydney Students)