Accommodation in Fremantle

On Campus student accommodation is available on the Fremantle Campus.Living on campus will give you 24/7 access to Fremantle’s West End lifestyle. With parks and beaches adjacent to the campus, and a glorious year-round Mediterranean climate, the great Australian outdoors will be right on your doorstep.

  • Residential Halls

    Living in a Residential Hall is a great way to meet people from all over the world, including different parts of Australia! You will live right in the historical West End of Fremantle, five minutes from the beach. Students living in the Residential Halls can participate in activities, excursions and trips that will introduce you to life in Western Australia, including surfing, AFL games, movie nights, BBQs, social sports and walking tours.

    The Residential Halls located on-Campus are as follows:

    • Port Lodge, 28 Marine Terrace, Fremantle
    • P&O Hotel, 25 High Street, Fremantle
    • Cleopatra Hotel, 24 High Street, Fremantle

    Residential Hall Supervisors on-Campus

    A Hall Supervisor is assigned to each Hall of Residence. The Hall Supervisor oversees all students and will assist you with academic, social and cultural activities. The Hall Supervisors are concerned for your safety and health while in residence, and report any discipline issues that may arise in the Hall. You are responsible for your own behaviour and must exercise care and concern for the University facilities and your fellow residents.

    Rooms and equipment for on-campus accommodation

    The Residences are located on campus and rooms are not uniform in size. You may be allocated a single or twin room. Bathroom facilities are shared, as are self-catering kitchen facilities. Bed linen and a towel are provided. Each room has a study desk fitted with a desk lamp. Each Residence has a community kitchen with appliances and equipment and is self-catering. In addition, students are invited to participate in a community meal program, to be arranged upon arrival.

    Any queries regarding on Campus accommodation, please contact

  • Off-Campus Accommodation

    Notre Dame can provide students with assistance in locating off Campus housing. A range of options are available:

    Rent a house or an apartment 
    Local real estate agencies or private owners advise The University of Notre Dame Australia of available properties for rent in the Fremantle area. Rental properties can be furnished, partly furnished or unfurnished. When considering renting a property, students should consider that landlords require rent to be paid in advance and the payment of a security bond equal to one month’s rent.

    Rent a room 
    There are limited opportunities for this style of accommodation. Renting a room usually consists of a shared bathroom and communal areas of the house, with separate bedroom and study area. Expenses such as power, gas, telephone and excess water are normally paid in addition.

    *We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the Residential Tenancies Act when you are preparing to rent, especially if you have not rented accommodation before. You can find fact sheets to assist you in making an informed decision at

    Share with other students
    Many students choose to share a house or apartment with other students. They advertise on the student noticeboards or with the Student Services Office. This arrangement involves having your own bedroom with shared communal areas (kitchen, laundry, living room and bathroom) as well as responsibilities for house-keeping. Share housing can offer inexpensive accommodation, the opportunity to share expenses and build friendships and a social network.

    For more information email

  • Crisis Accommodation

    If you find yourself without secure and safe accommodation, please contact Student Services on (08) 9433 0658 or email They will help guide you to services that are available in the Perth Metro area who can assist you with the following; crisis accommodation, securing stable housing, mental health support, meals, emergency funding, rental advice and applying for government housing.

    If you would like to view these services yourself, please view the Emergency Accommodation table.