The University of Notre Dame Australia congratulates its current and former staff members, advisory board members and supporters who were recognised for their service to the community and their professions in the 2024 Australia Day Honours.
Those appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) include:
- Adjunct Professor Kirsten Anne Auret (NSW) for significant service to palliative care medicine, and to tertiary education. Professor Auret has served as an adjunct since 2012.
- Dr Judith Edwards (WA) for significant service to the people and Parliament of Western Australia, and to the community. Dr Edwards has served as a member of the School of Medicine’s External Advisory Board.
- Adjunct Professor Steven Faux (NSW) for significant service to rehabilitation medicine, and to medical research. Professor Faux has served as an adjunct in the school of Medicine since 2013, and was also recognised on the COVID-19 Honour Roll for his contribution in support of Australia’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Professor Charlotte Mary Hespe (NSW) for significant service to general medicine as a practitioner, academic and mentor. Professor Hespe was also recognised on the COVID-19 Honour Roll for her contribution in support of Australia’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. She has been the School of Medicine’s Head of General Practice and Primary Care Research since 2012.
- Prof Helen Elizabeth Parker (WA) for service to health science and physical education. Prof Parker served as Executive Dean in the School of Health Sciences from 2006-2012.
- Ms Elizabeth Perron (WA) for significant service to the charitable sector and to the community. She and her family have been major supporters.
The University also fondly remembers the late Adjunct Professor Sachint Kumar Lal (NSW) who helped to establish and run the Hawkesbury Clinical School. Adjunct Professor Lal was posthumously awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for his service to the tertiary education, and to the community.
Notre Dame is extremely proud of its association with all of the recipients and thanks them for their service to the University and the broader community.
Media Contact: email@example.com