Master of Education (Curriculum)
School of Education, Fremantle Campus
The Master of Education (Curriculum) is a one-year, full-time program that provides an opportunity for educators with practical experience to continue their professional development and cultivate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the contemporary curriculum. You are required to complete a program of study that incorporates compulsory subjects, a specialisation strand and an elective.
Why study this degree?
The Master of Education (Curriculum) is designed to meet the needs of professional teachers, like you, who wish to undertake further career development.
Intended to be completed over one year of full-time study, or the equivalent part-time, this degree is highly flexible in order to accommodate your existing workload. Tuition is available at our Fremantle Campus and online, and face-to-face sessions are scheduled during the school holidays or on Saturdays.
The degree consists of eight courses: two compulsory courses, one elective and five specialist courses, including Justice and Social Teaching, Educating for a New Earth and the Environmental Challenge and Strategic Management in Education.
- One Theology or Ethics course
- One elective (to be chosen from Religious Education, Leadership and Management, Early Childhood Education, Special Learning Needs, Curriculum)
- Applied Research Methods in Education OR Action Research in Education
- Five specialisation courses
- Values across the Curriculum
- Justice and Social Teaching
- Trends in Early Childhood Development and Teaching
- Integration in Early Childhood Development
- Educating for a New Earth and the Environmental Challenge
- Leading Curriculum Planning
- Teaching in the Middle Years of Schooling
- Adaptive Education for the Inclusive Classroom
- Strategic Management in Education
- Children of High Ability: Gifted and Talented
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants must have all of the following:
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification;
- A GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- At least three years of full-time professional experience in either a primary or secondary school setting.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Master of Education (Curriculum), please call our Prospective Students Office on +61 8 9433 0533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.