Master of Education (Religious Education)
School of Education
The Master of Education (Religious Education) is a one-year, full-time degree that provides an in-depth understanding of Catholic theology and religious practice for those wishing to develop their religious education skills and qualifications. If you are in a leadership position or work within the field of religious studies, then this is the ideal degree for you.
Why study this degree?
Do you currently work within the field of religious studies? Are you passionate about sharing your love of spirituality with your students? If so, you should consider the Master of Education (Religious Education) from Notre Dame.
The Master of Education (Religious Education) is a coursework degree that requires the completion of eight courses, including two compulsory courses, one elective and five specialisation courses. Topics include Critical and Creative Thinking in Religious Education, Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools, and Religious and Spiritual Development of Young People.
Because we understand that you already have a busy schedule and many existing commitments, tuition for this degree is extremely flexible. You may choose to attend your classes in person or online, and any face-to-face classes are generally scheduled during school holidays or on Saturdays to accommodate your needs.
- One Theology or Ethics course
- One Elective (to be chosen from Religious Education, Leadership and Management, Early Childhood Education, Special Learning Needs, Curriculum)
- Applied Research Methods in Education
- Five specialisation courses
For a list of courses available please see Schedule of Courses 2021.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- Critical and Creative Thinking In Religious Education
- Retreat Leadership in Catholic Schools
- Christian Formation in Education
- Values across the Curriculum
- Critical Issues in Religious Education
- Understanding Jesus’ Heritage: Implications for Religious Education
- Justice and Social Teaching
- Pastoral Care and the School
- Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools
- Educating for a New Earth and the Environmental Challenge
- Theology of Leadership
- Religious and Spiritual Development of Young People
- The Professional Religious Educator
Applicants must have all of the following:
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification;
- A GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- At least three years of full-time professional experience in either a primary or secondary school setting.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Master of Education (Religious Education), please call our Prospective Students Office on +61 8 9433 0533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.