Master of Health Professional Education
School of Medicine, Fremantle Campus
The Master of Health Professional Education is available to health professionals who currently perform an educational function or who are transitioning to an educational role in a clinical tertiary or academic setting. This postgraduate program is facilitated entirely online. Available on a part-time study basis this program is a combination of coursework and dissertation. You will develop a wide repertoire of educational skills that are specifically aimed at best practice in contemporary health education contexts.
Why study this degree?
At Notre Dame, we understand that as a clinical and/or academic educator you have multiple priorities. When juggling multiple responsibilities such as patient care, supervision, teaching, research and development, management and administration it can be difficult for you to find adequate time to further your education.
The flexible nature of the Master of Health Professional Education allows multiple entry and exit points. All program content is delivered online, which means that you are able to access your studies at a time, place, and pace that best suits you. Furthermore, all our courses are fully facilitated, meaning that online guidance and mentoring are provided.
In addition to the courses studied in the Graduate Diploma of Health Professional Education, you conduct research in a particular area of interest. In order to ensure you engage in high quality research, you are introduced to the key components of preparing and writing a research proposal.
Graduate Certificate of HPE
- Applying Theory to Learning and Teaching in Health Professional Education
- Contemporary Issues in Health Professional Education
- Best Practice in Clinical Supervision in Health Professional Education
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning
Graduate Diploma of HPE
- Ethical Issues in Professional Life
- Assessing Competence in Health Professional Education
- Designing Curriculum for Effective Learning
- Principles and Practice of Assessment and Evaluation
Master of HPE
- Research Methods
- Developing a Research Proposal
- Supervised Dissertation Health Professional Education
More information about the courses can be found at the course descriptions page.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in a health professional field
- Active involvement in health professional education
More information can be found at the Fees page.