Master of Health Professional Education
School of Medicine, Fremantle Campus
The Master of Health Professional Education is available to health professionals who currently hold an educational role or who are transitioning to one in a clinical tertiary or academic setting. This postgraduate program is facilitated entirely online. Available on a part-time study basis this program is a combination of coursework and dissertation. You will develop a wide repertoire of educational skills that are specifically aimed at best practice in contemporary health education contexts.
Why study this degree?
At The University of Notre Dame Australia, we understand that as a clinical educator you have multiple priorities. Juggling multiple responsibilities such as patient care, supervision, teaching, research and development, management and administration it can be difficult for you to find adequate time to further your education.
The flexible nature of the Master of Health Professional Education allows multiple entry and exit points. All program content is delivered electronically, which means that you will be able to access your studies at a time, place, and pace that best suits you. Furthermore, all our subjects are fully facilitated, meaning that online guidance and mentoring are provided. Where viable, groups can be formed and the subjects will adopt a blended learning approach which includes a mix between face-to-face workshop-based activities and electronic modes of communication.
In addition to the subjects studied in the Graduate Diploma of Health Professional Education, you will be required to complete a dissertation in a particular area of interest. In order to ensure you submit a polished dissertation, you will be introduced to the key components of preparing and writing a proposal. Graduates may pursue various career options, including educational practice, health research, curriculum development and administration.
Graduate Certificate of HPE
- Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Health Professional Education
- Designing Curriculum for Effective Learning
- Principles and Practice of Assessment and Evaluation
- Contemporary Issues in Health Professional Education
Graduate Diploma of HPE
- Ethical Issues in Professional Life
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning
- Assessing Competence in Health Professional Education
- Best Practice in Clinical Supervision in Health Professional Education
Master of HPE
- Research Methods
- Developing a Research Proposal
- Supervised Research Dissertation
More information about the courses can be found at the course descriptions page.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in a health professional field
- Active involvement in health professional education
More information can be found at the Fees page.