Master of Business Administration
School of Business, Sydney Campus
Designed for business managers who want to develop their conceptual and practical skills, a Master of Business Administration is a two-year program consisting of 11 foundation courses and five electives. Students are taught in an intimate classroom setting and are assessed on their tutorial performance, a number of assignments and projects and a final year examination.
Why study this degree?
For those who want to excel, a Master of Business Administration is the ideal degree. Thanks to their superior skills and insights they bring to the workplace, MBA graduates often receive a significantly higher salary as well as a greater variety of career opportunities. For budding entrepreneurs, this two-year program will show you how to launch, run, and grow your business.
The compulsory courses cover topics such as economics, accounting, financial management, marketing and strategic management. Students then choose five elective courses from an extensive range of options – this allows you to tailor the degree to your specific needs and interests.
Although our MBA program is normally only open to those with an undergraduate degree in business from a recognised university, those with a Graduate Diploma in Business or with at least five years of business experience at a managerial level are also encouraged to apply.
Students are required to study:
- Economics for Managers
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Management
- International Business Law
- Management Theory and Practice
- International Business
- Management Communication
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Ethics OR Ethical Issues in Professional Life
Plus five electives from the following:
- Accounting for Managers
- Managerial Accounting
- Business to Business
- Corporate Financial Analysis
- Business International Finance
- Business Analysis & Valuation Using Financial Statements
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Business Information Technology
- Consumer Behaviour
- International Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- International Public Relations
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- The Contemporary Workplace
- Organisational Development
- Ethical Leadership for Today’s Organisations
- Strategic Human Resource Management Policy
- Directed Research Project
- MBA Research Project
- Directed Business Project
- Research Methods
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Notre Dame encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and takes into consideration the applicant’s academic performance as well as their personal qualities and accomplishments.
Academic requirements are as follows:
- A first degree from an approved institution or a minimum of a Graduate Diploma in Business, and at least five years of experience in a management position.
- OR if the Dean is satisfied that there is sufficient background and/or experience in management/supervision and the applicant has the skills necessary to complete the program.
Applications should be received at least one month prior to commencement. However, there are limited places so early application is encouraged.
Advanced standing will be determined by the level of the subject, whether an equivalent graduate unit was obtained at another academic institution, and whether a similar unit was undertaken as part of an undergraduate degree. Applications for advanced standing are assessed on an individual basis.
This Program has the following loan scheme(s) available for eligible students:
The FEE-HELP loan scheme assists eligible fee-paying students with the payment of all, or part, of their tuition fees, not including additional study costs such as accommodation or textbooks. Your FEE-HELP debt will be indexed each year in line with the Consumer Price Index and also includes a loan fee of 25 per cent for all undergraduate programs of study.
For further information, or for indicative fees for domestic or international students, please visit our Fees Page.
For more information on the Master of Business Administration, please call our Prospective Students Office on +61 2 8204 4404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.