Staff and researchers within the Institute for Health Research are involved in a lot of studies as evidenced by the extensive list of publications. While many of these publication are due to collaborative research being undertaken elsewhere, many other projects are driven by supervision of research students undertaking their Master’s or PhD studies or projects being lead by the IHR team.
While not limited to these fields of research, many of the projects can be grouped under the broad areas of:
- Continuous Improvement in Care – Cancer
- Patient reported outcomes measures in women with ovarian cancer
- Can we repurpose common drugs to improve ovarian cancer outcomes?
- Investigating the variation in care and survival in ovarian cancer patients
Issues affecting the aged
- AMPitUp / DCD in adults
- Childhood communication disorders
- Western Australian Bone Research Collaboration
Snapshots of some of the research projects currently underway are shown below.