Graduate Certificate in Education (Curriculum)
School of Education, Fremantle Campus
Designed to be completed in six months of full-time study, the Graduate Certificate in Education (Curriculum) provides a cohesive and specialised program of study for those wishing to deepen their understanding of contemporary school curriculum.
Why study this degree?
Are you a four-year trained teacher who would like to know more about curriculum development? If so, the Graduate Certificate in Education (Curriculum) is the ideal postgraduate degree for you. This program, which uses a combination of face-to-face classes and online tuition, covers topics such as Justice and Social Teaching, Leading Curriculum Planning, Strategic Management in Education and Children of High Ability.
Committed to excellence, social justice and the pastoral care of students and staff, Notre Dame offers a uniquely personal approach to teaching and learning. We empower students to build on their knowledge and experience, sharpen their skills and challenge them to succeed in their chosen field. With support from academic staff who are specialists in their fields, you receive an unparalleled education with best practice content and a practical approach to teaching and learning.
Graduates of this program may choose to enrol for a Master’s at Notre Dame.
Students must complete four of the following courses:
- Values Across the Curriculum
- Justice and Social Teaching
- Trends in Early Childhood Development and Teaching
- Integration in Early Childhood Development
- Educating for a New Earth and the Environmental Challenge
- Leading Curriculum Planning
- Teaching in the Middle Years of Schooling
- Adaptive Education for the Inclusive Classroom
- Strategic Management in Education
- Children of High Ability: Gifted and Talented
Students may undertake study as a part-time or full-time student, commencing in Summer Term (January), in Semester 1 (February) or April Intensive, in Winter Term (July), in Semester 2 (July) or October Intensive, subject to course availability.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification; and
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- Have at least three years of professional experience.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Graduate Certificate in Education (Curriculum), please call our Prospective Students Officer on +61 8 9433 0533 or email email@example.com.