Graduate Certificate in Religious Education (WA)
School of Education
Designed to be completed in six months of full-time study, our Graduate Certificate in Religious Education is a special program designed for qualified teachers who wish to upgrade their religious education skills and qualifications so they can teach Religion in the WA school system. You are required to complete two compulsory courses in Theology and Religious Education and two electives from a wide range of courses.
Why study this program?
Are you passionate about educating young minds? Do you love sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm for the Catholic faith? If so, the Graduate Certificate in Religious Education from Notre Dame is the ideal degree for you. Upon the successful completion of this program you can apply for a Master of Education (Religious Education).
- Christology OR Mystery of Christ 4: Church and Sacraments
- Critical Issues in Religious Education 1 OR Critical Issues in Religious Education 2
- Two Religious Education Electives
You may commence your studies during Winter Term (June), in Semester 2 (July) or October Intensive, subject to course availability.
One (1) Compulsory Religious Education Course from:
- Critical Issues in Catholic Schooling OR Critical Issues in Religious Education
Any one (1) of the three (3) Compulsory Theology Courses:
- Foundations of Moral Theology
- Church and Sacrament
Two (2) specialisation electives
For a list of courses available please see Schedule of Courses 2021.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification;
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- Have at least three years of professional experience.
For more information and indicative fees please visit the Fees page.
If you have been displaced in the workforce due to COVID-19 and wish to retrain or upskill in identified national priority areas, you may be eligible for discounted student fees under the Government's Higher Education Relief Package. For further information please visit the Course Seeker website.
For more information please email email@example.com.