Graduate Diploma in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education
Learning and Teaching Office
Are you a passionate educator looking to enhance your teaching skills in higher education and adult learning? Facilitated by experienced academics from Notre Dame's Learning and Teaching Office this nested suite of programs is for those interested in developing their learning and teaching practices to meet the demands of teaching adults in the 21st century. It is underpinned by a growth model and a scholarly approach. The suite has been created so that having completed the Graduate Certificate (four courses in total), you can earn the Graduate Diploma (eight courses in total). You can exit here or continue your studies at the Master’s level (by coursework). As a nested program, if you have an equivalent Graduate Certificate qualification from another institution it allows you to apply for credit and enter the Graduate Diploma or Masters qualification.
Why study this degree?
Delivered fully online, this highly-focused program provides opportunities for you to apply your knowledge of current perspectives about university teaching. You will finish the program with the capabilities to teach from a learner-centered approach, incorporate technology to enhance student engagement, and grow in a community of practice to create pedagogical research projects. The Program is underpinned by a growth model that recognises that higher education teachers are learners, and that growth requires a scholarly approach. With this in mind, the program has been created so that you can complete four courses to earn the Graduate Certificate and another four (eight courses in total) to earn the Graduate Diploma. It also provides the foundation for the proposed Master in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education by coursework.
- EDUC5011 Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- EDUC5115 Introduction to Teaching in Higher Education
- EDUC5116 Designing Curriculum for Effective Learning
- EDUC5117 Principles and Practices of Assessment and Evaluation
- Ethical Issues in Professional Life
- EDUC5009 Global Learning in Higher Education
- EDUC5012 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in Higher Education
- EDUC5013 Leadership in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- EDUC5014 Learning and Teaching for Optimal Wellbeing
- EDUC5119 Supervising Postgraduate Research (Completed in GC)
Completed in the Graduate Certificate
plus three electives from:
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants must have a recognised bachelor's degree in any discipline OR have a Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education.
For further information, or for indicative fees for domestic or international students, please visit the Fees page.