Master of Education (Leadership & Management)
School of Education, Fremantle Campus
The Master of Education (Leadership & Management) is a comprehensive postgraduate degree that provides educators with the skills to continue their professional development. Designed to be completed over one year of full-time study, this program is particularly relevant if you aspire to senior management positions in the education system.
Why study this degree?
The Master of Education (Leadership & Management) is a coursework degree that requires the completion of eight courses, including two compulsory courses, one elective and five specialisation courses. Topics include strategic management, curriculum planning and pastoral care.
We understand that it can be difficult to fit additional studies into a demanding schedule. For this reason, this program is extremely flexible in its delivery methods and has been designed to meet the needs of working teachers. Classes are either taught on Campus or online, with in-person sessions held during school holidays or on Saturdays.
- One Theology or Ethics Course
- One Elective (to be chosen from Religious Education, Leadership and Management, Early Childhood Education, Special Learning Needs, Curriculum)
- Applied Research Methods in Education
- Five Specialisation Courses
- Theology of Leadership
- Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools
- Strategic Management in Education
- Leadership: Theory and Practice
- Instructional Leadership
- Mentoring and Coaching Graduate, Early Career and Established Teachers
- Positive Education: Wellbeing and Student Achievement
- Critical issues in Religious Education
- Pastoral Care and the School
- Teaching and Leading in the Middle Years of Schooling
For a list of courses available please see Schedule of Courses 2022.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants must have all of the following:
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification; and
- A GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- At least three years of full time professional experience in either a primary or secondary school setting.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Master of Education (Leadership and Management), please call our Prospective Students Office on +61 8 9433 0533 or email email@example.com.