Master of Education (Leadership & Management)
School of Education, Fremantle Campus
The Master of Education (Leadership & Management) is a comprehensive postgraduate degree that provides educators with the skills to continue their professional development. Designed to be completed over one year of full-time study, this program is particularly relevant if you aspire to senior management positions in the education system.
Why study this degree?
The Master of Education (Leadership & Management) is a coursework degree that requires the completion of eight courses, including two compulsory courses, one elective and five specialisation courses. Topics include strategic management, curriculum planning and pastoral care.
We understand that it can be difficult to fit additional studies into a demanding schedule. For this reason, this program is extremely flexible in its delivery methods and has been designed to meet the needs of working teachers. Classes are either taught on Campus or online, with in-person sessions held during school holidays or on Saturdays.
- One Theology or Ethics Course
- One Elective (to be chosen from Religious Education, Leadership and Management, Early Childhood Education, Special Learning Needs, Curriculum)
- Applied Research Methods in Education OR Action Research in Education
- Five Specialisation Courses
- Retreat Leadership in Catholic Schools
- Christian Formation in Education
- Pastoral Care and the School
- Theories and Models of Leadership for Catholic Schools
- Leading Curriculum Planning
- Theology of Leadership
- Leadership as Reflective Practice
- Professional Supervision of Beginning Teachers
- Strategic Management in Education
- The Professional Religious Educator
- Ethical Leadership for Today’s Organisation
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants must have all of the following:
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification; and
- A GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- At least three years of full time professional experience in either a primary or secondary school setting.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Master of Education (Leadership and Management), please call our Prospective Students Office on +61 8 9433 0533 or email email@example.com.