Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
School of Education
The Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education) is a one-year, full-time degree that delivers an in-depth understanding of the needs of gifted students and those with learning difficulties. This program consists of eight courses, including five specialisation courses, and is taught on-Campus and online to provide a flexible learning experience.
Why study this degree?
The Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education) has been designed to meet the needs of professional teachers who wish to undertake further career development. Over the course of your studies, you will explore teaching and learning strategies appropriate to working in classrooms in which children with special needs are integrated.
This degree consists of eight courses: two compulsory courses, one elective and five specialist courses. You will have the opportunity to explore topics such as Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Instruction Strategies for Learning Difficulties, Action Research in Education and Behaviour Management and Social Skills Instruction.
- One Theology or Ethics course
- One elective (to be chosen from Religious Education, Leadership and Management, Early Childhood Education, Special Learning Needs, Curriculum)
- Applied Research Methods in Education OR Action Research in Education
- Five specialisation courses
- Educating Children with Special Needs
- Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Instructional Strategies for Learning Difficulties
- Behaviour Management and Social Skills Instruction
- Adaptive Education for the Inclusive Classroom
- Children of High Ability: Gifted and Talented
For a list of courses available please see Schedule of Courses 2021.
Full details of the program requirements are contained in the Program Regulations.
Applicants must have all of the following:
- Hold the equivalent of a four year teaching qualification;
- A GPA of at least 2.5 or higher; and
- At least three years of full-time professional experience in either a primary or secondary school setting.
More information can be found at the Fees page.
For more information on the Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education), please call our Prospective Students Office on +61 2 8204 4430 or email email@example.com.