Advanced Standing is credit granted towards a degree program for study already undertaken. By giving recognition to prior learning, advanced standing prevents the unnecessary duplication of study and can save time and money.
The availability of advanced standing does not guarantee entry into a particular program. In some cases there are high levels of competition for places and in other cases applicants may need to have fulfilled other requirements to gain entry. Detailed information on regulations governing the awarding of Advanced Standing may be accessed from the University Regulations.
How to apply for Advanced Standing
1. Make application for entry to the program of your choice at Notre Dame. You should read carefully the Admissions Guide and submit your Application for Admission by the required deadline.
2. Once you have been offered a place at the University, complete and submit the Advanced Standing form appropriate to your circumstances:
- For prior studies, the Advanced Standing – Specified or Unspecified Credit Application
- For work experience, the Advanced Standing – Uncredentialed Experience Application
Should you have any questions about completing or submitting your application, including what supporting documentation is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will assist you.
3. Please submit your application as soon as possible, and preferably no later than four weeks prior to the start of semester in order for your application to be finalised before the semester commences. We will work with your School to finalise and advise you of the outcome of your application as soon as possible.
N.B. Your first Advanced Standing application can be lodged without charge, with subsequent applications incurring a $125 fee.