How to apply for VET Courses
Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses are unique to the University of Notre Dame’s Broome Campus. Notre Dame considers every applicant on an individual basis, making the admissions process, similar to the study experience, focused on the whole person. Prospective students can apply directly to Notre Dame for entry into a VET course.
Applying for a VET Course is easy. Here are the steps:
- You can enquire about a VET course: firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 9192 0638
- You will be sent your application information from Notre Dame, including Student Handbook and Course Guide. The information includes information for who to contact if you need assistance. An explanation of the process is included in these documents.
- Complete and submit your General VET application form or HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing VET application form:
- Via email to email@example.com; or
- In person at 88 Guy Street Broome, WA; or
- By post to Broome Courses, The University of Notre Dame Australia Broome Campus, PO Box 2287, Broome WA 6725.
- Your application is reviewed for completeness and an interview is arranged
- Interview is conducted with trainers and assessors and further queries answered
- After your interview, you will be assisted to complete documentation.
- Administration staff arrange for you to sit a language, literacy, and numeracy assessment. The assessment is likely to take between 30 to 40 minutes. For the HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) have English Language Skill requirements for registration as an Enrolled Nurse.
Note: For students applying for a VET Student Loan you will be assessed as academically suited to your course, and you must provide either:
- a copy of your Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (year 12 Certificate) or
- evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English).
- You are advised if your application is successful or unsuccessful. If unsuccessful you can appeal the decision to the University (see Procedure: (VET) Student Appeals).
- If successful, you are made an offer of admission to the course.
- You complete the offer, and return acceptance and enrolment forms along with your Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Note: Your USI can be created online and at no cost.
You can create your own USI online by going to the link below and following the instructions: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/how-do-i-create-usi
Notre Dame can assist you to create a USI, should you need assistance. A USI is required prior to starting your studies.
- You will receive a letter of welcome and proof of course enrolment.
- Congratulations. You are enrolled into your course at Notre Dame.
To find out more about studying at our unique university in the heart of the Kimberley
- email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us (08) 9192 0638
- visit us 88 Guy St Broome