The Majarlin Kimberley Centre for Remote Health is located on The University of Notre Dame Australia's Broome Campus. We organise placements for allied health and nursing students in Broome and across the Kimberley.
Undertaking a placement in the Kimberley provides a blend of academic, professional, social and cultural experiences underpinned by a strong theme of inter-professional education. The placement will be a memorable experience that will contribute to both your professional and personal development and will be an asset to your resume.
Have a look at our Handbook
Majarlin organises a variety of different types of placements including the following:
- Private practice
- NDIS providers
- Community health
- Community organisations e.g. Anglicare, Life Without Barriers
- Health organisations e.g. Milliya Rumurra Aboriginal Corporation, Boab Health
- Aged care
- Visits to remote communities
- Community events e.g. Garnduwa football carnival, NAIDOC week
- Community work readiness placements in schools and aged care
Majarlin student services include the following:
- Organisation and facilitation of clinical placements
- One-day orientation and cultural training
- Clinical educator, placement supervision and assessment
- Social and emotional wellbeing support
- Student networking and social events - connecting all Allied Health and Nursing students on placement in the region
- Interdisciplinary education, reflection and debriefing activities
- Pastoral support
- Internet support
- Bicycle use - a great way to get around during the working week and see the sights on weekends
- Travel and accommodation subsidies (domestic students only) – see details under “Travel and accommodation subsidies” tab.
To access Majarlin services, please register your interest.